Prev: RE: [DS2] Decals Next: Re: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

[SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:51:15 -0400
Subject: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family

Submitted for comments: Kra'Vak TO&E for Stargrunt

Goals: Make a TO&E for the Kra'Vak using only the figures available in
the
GZG Stargrunt 15mm Kra'Vak line (see
http://www.cygnusx1.info/images/sg2/sg15-k.jpg) with only minor
modifications.

Disclaimer: Many terms are borrowed from previous work by Robert Deakin,
Tom
Barclay and Los.

Terminology:
Pack: Platoon Equivilent
Arm: Squad Equivilent
Claw: Team Equivilent
Mandible: Specalist Arm or Team

KV Clan
3-5 Cadres
3-5 Space Cadres

KV Cadre
3-5 Hunting Families
2-4 Armored Hunting Families
1-2 Aerospace Hunting Families

KV Hunting Family:
3x Hunter Packs
Mandibles (specail squads attached to packs as needed):
 - EW Claws
 - Farseer (Forward Observer) Claws
 - Sniper Claws
 - Anti-Armor Claw
 - Air Defense Claw
 - Medevac Claws
 - Mortar Claws
 - Engineering Claws

Hunting Pack:
Skull
 - HQ Claw
 - - Hunt Leader
 - - Pack Ears (Comms)
 - - Pack Eyes (EW)
 - - Sia'Na
 - 1st Claw (Elite)
 - - Hunt Sub-Leader
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior/SAW
 - APC
1st Arm
 - 2nd Claw (Veteran)
 - - Arm Leader
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior/AT
 - 3rd Claw (Regular)
 - - Claw Leader
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior/SAW
 - APC
2nd Arm
 - 4th Claw (Regular)
 - - Arm Leader
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior/AT
 - 5th Claw (Regular)
 - - Claw Leader
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior
 - - Warrior/SAW
 - IFV
3rd Arm
 - 6th Claw (Juvenile)
 - - Arm Leader (Regular)
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile/AT
 - - Juvenile/SAW
 - 7th Claw (Juvenile)
 - - Claw Leader (Juvenile)
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile
 - - Juvenile/AT
 - - Juvenile/SAW
Power Armor Arm
 - 1st Power Armor Claw
 - - Arm Leader (Symbolic Axe)
 - - PA Warrior
 - - PA Warrior/+Scatterpack (in addition to normal PA weapon)
 - 2nd Power Armor Claw
 - - Claw Leader
 - - PA Warrior/AT
 - - PA Warrior/+Scatterpack
Scout Claw (also doubles as forward observers).
 - Scout Rider (Leader)
 - Scout Rider
 - Scout Rider

Equipment:
Warriors:
 - Warrior Weapon:	   FP:3   I:d12*
 - Claw Support Weapon:    FP:d10 I:d12*
 - Claw Anti-Armor Weapon: FP:-   I:2xd12* Guidence:Quality
					   3 Shot, Range Band =
					   12" * Size of target
 - Juve Weapon: 	   FP:2   I:d12
 - Juve SAW		   FP:d8  I:d12
 - Juve Anti-Armor:	   FP:-   I:d12*   Guidence: Quality
 - Scout Weapon:	   FP:2   I:d8*
 - PA Weapon:		   FP:d10 I:d12*
 - PA Anti-Armor:	   FP:-   I:2xd12* Guidence: Enhanced
					   3 Shot, Range Band =
					   12" * Target size
 - PA Scatterpack	   FP:d12 I:d10*   Close only. Shift up
					   2 in close assault.
					   Skatterpacks also have
					   smoke dischargers.
 - PA: Kra'Vak Power Armor has a large stealth capability. It masks
IR and EM emmissions. It also is covered in LCDs, computer controlled,
that assign colors based on the bacground from 1028 different angles.
This gives them  the ability to do concealed movement (like a sniper)
(p.27). It also give them the ability to go into hiding (p.27) like
a sniper, but need only minimal cover (can do it in the open if not
in direct LOS).

I like Tom and Los idea of the KV as stealthy. They accomplish this
using an Elite Hunter (I forget the correct term). This is represented
by Eureka's Intergalatic Bounty Hunter. Unfortunatly, this is not
available in 15mm. :-(	 So, I have tried to accomplish the same thing
using Power Armor. The Kra'Vak PA is very retro looking. For an
advanced civiliation (better starship engines than humans), it was
somewhat strange. I looked closer and realized that they were completely
covered. And it was not too far a jump to decide that this is to mask
heat and other EM radiation. Pushing a little farther (and pulling from
the original MT text about the Kra'Vak ships shifting color) I added
colorchange ability to the armor. Now the Power Armor can be stealthy,
replacing the (missing) Elite Hunter. I am also using Tom/Los' idea
of jueveniles being easier to succumb to Ro'Kah. Thus, they are placed
in larger claws and considered somewhat expendable (6th & 7th Claws are
always adding new members). However every Hunting Family has a Sia'Na
to help calm the troops.

Confidence Levels:
CO: Controlled - Any Action
ST: Steady - Any Action
SH: Shaken - Test or Ro'Kah if enemy is in Close or 2nd Range band.
BR: Brink of Ro'Kah - Test or Ro'Kah if any ememy in LOS.
RO: Ro'Kah Over - Must withdraw, no fire unless fired upon.

Ro'Kah:
A unit in Ro'Kah must attack the closest enemy in sight and attempt to
close with it until they can close assault it. If no enemy is in
sight, they must test (at +3) or attack each other (other members of the
Claw). If no enemy is in sight, they combat move a random direction in
an
attempt to find an enemy. While in Ro'Kah, they DOUBLE thier normal
close
combat score (PA in Ro'Kah QUADRUPLE thier score). At the end of every
round of Ro'Kah, the unit will test. If they succeed, they are no longer
under Ro'Kah, but immediatly drop confidence to RO (Ro'Kah Over).
Non-Power Armor Kra'Vak under Ro'Kah also double thier normal movement
allowance. Kra'Vak under Ro'Kah shift thier armor type down 1 (as they
are not using cover, or attempting to dodge fire).

Comments encouraged/welcomed.

---
Brian Bell
bbell1@insight.rr.com
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
YIM: Rlyehable
Cygnus X1.info
http://www.cygnusx1.info/

Prev: RE: [DS2] Decals Next: Re: [SG] Kra'Vak Hunting Family