Prev: RE: mixed units was [DS,FT] NSF Next: [FT] Ship builders

Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 10:22:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Leading from the Front, Atkinson-style!

--- Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The best Officers/Lieutenants generally come from
> prior enlisted service
> in my experience.  That said, it is my firm belief
> that prior enlisted
> service IN THE BRANCH YOU WANT A COMMISSION IN

Not really necessary.

One of the best LTs I've ever met had a career that
started in the Navy Reserve, followed by about 4 years
as an Army Supply Sergeant.  He's a damn good engineer
officer now.

I will point out that I've only met one dud prior
service officer.  And he was prior service MP, which
explains a LOT.

John

Prev: RE: mixed units was [DS,FT] NSF Next: [FT] Ship builders