Prev: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights Next: Re: [SGII] Small Arms

RE: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:56:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Re: [DS] Capacity, Points - Trying to put it all together. Long post.

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:
> <snip Adrian's dissertation>
>
> I don't think this is needful, because:
> a) economic variables will differ by background, but
> also by nation within the background.  Example: the

Side note:

The most obvious example is light vs. armored.

The Parumphian People's Front can raise 1500 points
worth of of light infantry (about a large company's
worth) easily, but cannot produce a 300-point tank
under any circumstances whatsoever.

An NRE Corps Commander executing a planetary invasion
has maybe 1,000 tanks at his disposal (13 batallions
of 54 ea (total just over 700), plus 3 companies of
heavies, plus armored cav units), but practically no
light infantry, excepting those SOF forces attached
(perhaps a total of 3-5 batallions).

Nuclear weapons are part of the combat load of every
NRE heavy artillery battery, but they are not produced
on New Serbia (and if they are, they kept very much
hidden--NRE will break any prince that gets that
froggy).

Lots of further examples, and that's just in my corner
of the universe.

John

Prev: RE: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights Next: Re: [SGII] Small Arms