Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: RE: [OT] Miniatures Pictures (for manufacturers etc)

RE: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:25:39 +0200
Subject: RE: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points

Laserlight asked:

>Oerjan said:
> >The two web sites you refer to are FAS, which is notoriously
unreliable

>do you have a better URL for things like "ratio of soldiers to total
>population"?

Not off-hand, no. Given FAS's track record in other areas however, I'd
check the official web sites of the relevant armies and countries for
the
number of soldiers and the population size. The ratio itself is easy to
calculate, after all :-/

> >You shouldn't believe *everything* you read in sales brochures, you
know...
> >particularly not when you get them third hand.
>
>There's no such thing as a sales brochure.  Part of a salescreature's
job
>is to explain to you where the *marketing* brochure is wrong ("your
>equipment does not come with a Widget4000, but I can give you 8%
discount
>and deliver it in 10 days instead of the 4-6 weeks the book says--how
many
>would you like").

Of course, what you don't tell the customer is that it was you yourself
who
personally wrote the offending brochure... <g>

Signing out for a couple of days,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: RE: [OT] Miniatures Pictures (for manufacturers etc)