Prev: Mods to the Mobility Factor Next: Re: GZG range expansions?

RE: Re: painting - sponging (was: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame))

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:14:17 -0400
Subject: RE: Re: painting - sponging (was: Re: [OT] a clarification of my comments to David (of DLD fame))

From: Allan Goodall agoodall@att.net
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:44:14 -0400, Indy <kochte@stsci.edu> wrote:

>I think the best description as to how much paint there should be on
the
>sponge is "damp". And even that might be too much, depending on what
>lookr or effect you are trying to achieve. I guess...experiment!  :-)

>Sounds very interesting. I'll give it a go. Did you try multicolour
dabbing,
or did you just use a monotone? I have some 25mm SG2 vehicles that are
taking
forever to paint by hand. This sounds like I'd get a cool cammo pattern
_and_
it wouldn't take long.

Stuart did green, brown, black --apparently he had a US or German
pattern in mind but I don't know what it was--and took it from from
primer to usable in 5 minutes.

I also did this with some 15mm NSL panzergrens, wouldn't use it on all
my figs but it gave a good effect

Prev: Mods to the Mobility Factor Next: Re: GZG range expansions?