Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

On 10-Apr-02 at 13:14, Indy (kochte@stsci.edu) wrote:

> Right! I thought there might have been more than simply changing out
> the transmission, but my brain wasn't fully engaged (obviously!). My
> mind just isn't "geared" to thinking about the mechanics of engines
> and stuff (the pun...sorry; it just spilled out). But this just goes
> to show simply changing out the armor amounts isn't going to allow
> dramatic increases from "slow" to "fast" mobility levels. I'm pre-
> suming the whole difference between "slow" and "fast" takes into
> account all these little details too small for the game to worry
about.

You are not wrong.  They are getting into the gritty details while
your method "assumes" that the initial designers put the correct
suspension on the vehicle.  If any of the designs for the slow
heavy vehicles had made them lighter with the same engine they
would have used a different transmission which would have required
a different suspension system.	This is below the level of the
game and can be safely ignored.

Prev: RE: [DS] Gently -- Capacity, Points Next: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights