Prev: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights Next: Re: [DSII] Walker Minis

Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:42:41 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Francis <tony.francis@kuju.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:08 AM

> Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> >
> > G'day,
> >
> > Would any kind soul out there be able to recommend manufacturer's
who
make
> > decent 6/10mm WWI tanks and knights in armour on foot (preferably
> > individually based rather than in rows of 6 or whatever)?
>
> Irregular make both. Their knights will be on multiple bases, tho'.
> http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/
> Heroics and Ros also make medievals (War of the Roses, Crusades),
which
> are cast individually but on strips, if you see what I mean. IIRC
> they've recently been bought by Navwar.
> http://www.navwar.freeserve.co.uk/
>
> Scotia also make WWI vehicles, which are liable to be considerably
more
> detailed than Irregular's.
> http://website.lineone.net/~grendel.co/scotiamicromodels.html

SNIP
> > Inspired by Dr Who (as I so often am) I've been mulling over a force
(under
> > the control of TOLEMAC industries founded by Arthur King) who's PA
look
like
> > knights in armour and who's vehicles resemble WWI tanks (in
appearance
not
> > necessarily function).
>
> There's always the option of old-style Epic Land Raiders, which are
> about as SF-WWI as you could get !
>
> Tony

Beth,  I've got some assorted Scotia WW1 armour about the place, I'll
get
the camera out. I think the Irreg. WW1 armour looks a bit "soggy".  For
the
PA, the Heroics and Ros (now Navwar, as noted above) Wars of the Roses
range
is probably a good bet, as their comparitively recent.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: [DS, SG] Sources of WWI tanks and knights Next: Re: [DSII] Walker Minis