Prev: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35 Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:23:52 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

At 10:12 AM -0400 4/10/02, Indy wrote:

>Roight then! This c/would explain "slow tracked" and "fast tracked" (or
>any "slow/fast") mobility difference then, no? So if you take an
>essentially "slow velocity" vehicle, change the transmission so its
>speed can be higher, you've basically just upgraded to "fast velocity".
>Just removing the weight isn't going to allow a "slow velocity" vehicle
>to reach "fast velocity" speeds (this is my understanding of it, and
>what I was trying to poorly and inadequately say last night; I'm much
>better dealing with stellar things ;-)

And in the process you'll be throwing tracks, loosing road wheels and
all sorts of problems along the way. The differences in suspension
for certain types of armored vehicles isn't the same. You couldn't
have dropped a stronger engine into a churchill with a different
transmission and expected that suspension to handle that kind of
movement.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DS] Monster Tanks - My beloved T-35 Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea