Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:51:00 -0700
Subject: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea

Tony Christney

>Well, drag is just friction in the air, no? I still
>think that it is an unnecessary complication. A
>Grav vehicle in DS moves at a whopping combat speed
>of 6 km/h (1500 m/ 0.25 hours), with a top speed
>of 12 km/h... about the speed of a bulldozer in
>high gear!

Umm.... only if you assume that the BMF is movement in a straight line
over
the entire 15 minutes of the turn.  But the rules specifically state
that
that is NOT the case - BMF represents it's tactical speed, the general
amount of ground it can cover in a given turn taking into consideration
stops, starts, jukes, sudden bursts, etc.  It is not accurate to merely
take
it's BMF, convert that to km, and multiply by 4 to determine kph.

3B^2

Prev: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea Next: Re: DS2 Another armour\mobility idea