Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: DS3 points systems and features

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2002 13:37:14 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Alexander Williams wrote:

> >If the signature cost is multiplicative instead of additive, it
doesn't pay
> >*proportionally* more than the unarmed vehicle to reduce its
signature. It
> >pays more in *absolute* terms because its lower signature increases
the

>But here you're back to a vehicle with the same stats having a
>different point value simply because at some point in the past its
>hull was bigger.

What are you talking about?

You're the one who's saying that "its hull was bigger". I was talking
about
an unarmed and unarmoured vehicle compared to an armed and armoured one
-
no mention of what size the two are.

>Further, it just doesn't /happen/ if you drop Size as a
>computed value and just select a Signature value instead.

I quote my above post: "If the signature cost is multiplicative instead
of
additive, ..." Please note the term "signature cost". The only way you
can
possibly have a specific "signature cost" at all is if you select a
Signature value independent of the size of the vehicle.

In other words, you're first arguing that my way of doing it doesn't
work -
and then you suggest doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING that I was doing which

you just claimed doesn't work... make up your mind, OK?

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: DS3 points systems and features