Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@t...>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 04:32:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 07:13:41PM +1000, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
> I obviously don't speak for everyone (and I know Oerjan doesn't think
kindly
> of the rate of systems down in DS2), but I enjoy the idea that you may
just
> knock out that wazoo tech with you rock and make those uber tech guys
the
> large fat sitting ducks they really look like on the table ;)

Whole different issue than the design system, Beth.  If you want that
kind of ability, then we need to consider a different /damage/
system.  It should very likely hinge on what the important things on
the vehicle are, and flexibility in choosing one.  If you are required
to come up with a list of "vital points" for every design, and upon
taking some kind of "special hit" you or your opponant picks one to
degrade or destroy, you're 9/10ths of the way there.

Of course, they have to be constructable to cover kinds of platforms
you didn't consider in writing.  The things you can destroy on a grav
tank are wholly different than those on an ATV, or even infantryman.

--
Alexander Williams (thantos@telocity.com)   |	 http://www.chancel.org

====
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the  |
same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it
is|
their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to
provide|

Prev: RE: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh) Next: [ECC] Stuart's Painting Clinic