Prev: Re: OT-HH ships Next: [fiction - news report] PAU frees hostages; rebel leader escapes

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:58:18 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

>From: KH.Ranitzsch@t-online.de (K.H.Ranitzsch)

>Not sure I understand you correctly here.
>As size is inversely related to the chance of being hit, small
>size/signature should cost more than large size, right ?
>I guess this is what you mean.

Lower signature should cost more than higher signature, yes.  Regardless
of
whether that is accomplished by being small or using stealth methods.
Put a
bright pink bycicle in the middle of a freshly tilled field of brown
earth.
put an M1 Abrams, well camo'd, in the woods a hundred yards to the
right.
which is harder to hit using the old Mk. 1 eyeball?

>On the other hand, the more stuff you pack onto a vehicle, the larger
its
>"real-life" size. Right too ?
>Putting these together means that to get down to a given signature you
have
>to pay more for a heavily equipped vehicle than for a light one.

Except that the capacity/points combo is just too cumbersome.  It's the
end
result that matters - if taking a big vehicle and giving it enough
stealth
results in the same combat effectiveness as taking a small vehicle and
miniaturizing it, then their end point cost should be the same.  So why
not
eliminate the size/stealth/capacity step and JUST deal with how many
points
such a vehicle should cost?

3B^2

Prev: Re: OT-HH ships Next: [fiction - news report] PAU frees hostages; rebel leader escapes