Prev: RE: [DS] Points system Next: Re: [DS] Points system

RE: DS3 points systems and features

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:57:51 -0500
Subject: RE: DS3 points systems and features

OK, but...

I want some visual clue as to how powerful a vehicle is when I see it
across
the table.

"Oh. Here comes a little jeep with what looks like a machine gun, but
over
there are 5 Ogre Mk. IIIs. I will concentrate my fire on the Ogres. Boy!
Those Ogres popped quickly. OK your turn... What do you mean that
machine
gun fires nuclear shells at a range of 60"?!?!?! OK <grumble> page
47..."

Yes, pure munchkinism, but in a system without limits possible.

When you mix miniature ranges, and each player bringing his predefined
forces, you can face a lot of this type of situation (although not
usually
as extreme as above), where a smaller, less menacing model (GHQ Abrams)
is
more powerful than a larger one (Ral Partha Battletech PPC Carrier).

I am not complety arguing against you. You should be able to match the
model
to its capabilities. But 2 people looking at the same model might see
widely
varying capabilities (is that a PDS or GMS?).

-----
Brian Bell
-----