Prev: RE: Boone's Company Next: Re: [DSII] Heresy

Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:36:07 -0500
Subject: Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY

At 11:18 AM -0500 4/4/02, Indy wrote:

>I think what has gotten lost in translation between various sides
>of the discussion is that really the penalty should not be applied
>for *having* a higher maneuverability vehicle, but *using* that
>maneuverability (at least this is how I'm reading the current run
>of posts). Just because a tank has a movement base of 15" with GEV
>as its maneuverability platform does not (should not) make it any
>harder to hit than a slow tracked behemoth if they both only move
>4". Now, if it is moving at more than X" in a given turn (let's call
>it 10"), then perhaps a penalty should be applied to the firer's
>ability to hit the target. The point costs shouldn't matter whatsoever.

Oh, I misread what he was saying there. Hmm. Throw too much in and
the game system will get harder and slower. Drop a die if the vehicle
moves more than 10" per movement. But if it's in a straight line,
it's a piece of cake on the lead isn't it? Or is that being
compensated for by the better firecon's higher die type?
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: Boone's Company Next: Re: [DSII] Heresy