Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: [DS] Points system

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:17:30 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

At 2:00 PM +0100 4/4/02, Tony Francis wrote:

>OK, I'll concede that one :-) DS2 isn't WH40K, for which we can all be
>thankful !
>
>Nevertheless, under the present design restrictions it's impossible to
>legally design a huge number of historical or film / TV / book SF
>vehicles.

Which is where common sense and forethought are required in designing
a vehicle. Look at real designs and go from there.

The ontos had 6 single shot exterior loaded weapons. Far outside the
scope of the design system.

You can put a small cannon (25mm or 30mm) on something the size of a
Daimler ferret, but it tends to make it roll over if fired off to the
side. This fits in the gaming system but doesn't work in real life.

The Mekava and Churchill are out as they are similar in the respect
of having multiple types of weapons and more than their size class
would allow. Main Gun, Coax MG, Pintle MG, 60mm Mortar/2" Bomb
thrower, Additional MG, etc.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: [DS] Points system