Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: [DS] Points system

Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 11:18:12 -0500
Subject: Re: VEHICLE SPEED AND MANUEVERABILITY

DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> would not  the speed and  manueverability of a vehicle make it both
> harder to hit (using you own	explanation as well as its  ability to
> make rapid starts and stops to throw off enemy gunners)) and its
> ability to make rapid and safe   high speed turns in mid course (duck
> and dodge, as well as stop/start,  shoot and scoot)?
>
> i would think that a fast manueverable vehicle would cost more  for
> improved speed and manaeverability, than a slow plodding armored
> behemoth?
[...]

I think what has gotten lost in translation between various sides
of the discussion is that really the penalty should not be applied
for *having* a higher maneuverability vehicle, but *using* that
maneuverability (at least this is how I'm reading the current run
of posts). Just because a tank has a movement base of 15" with GEV
as its maneuverability platform does not (should not) make it any
harder to hit than a slow tracked behemoth if they both only move
4". Now, if it is moving at more than X" in a given turn (let's call
it 10"), then perhaps a penalty should be applied to the firer's
ability to hit the target. The point costs shouldn't matter whatsoever.

Prev: Re: [DSII] Heresey Next: Re: [DS] Points system