Prev: Re: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Dice and DS2

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 21:54:18 -0500
Subject: Dice and DS2

DS2 - what I'd like to see:

Brian raises an intersting point. In the spirit of a generic design
system and "bring your own PSB", capacity points coul be done away with.
Interesting idea.

I'd like to see the following go:
- restriction on weapons by size class (jeep with 4 APSW or APC size 2
with infantry and 3 APSW etc are hard to build, but we know such things
exist)
- restriction on armour by size class (if I want armour 5 on my little
jeep, so be it)

I'd like to see:
- firecons should be better costed to make basic stuff appealing
- sensors should appear in construction rules for spotting
- bring over the missing SG2 items (GMS/P comes to mind)
- IAVR and GMS/P must be able to threaten MBTs (today's missiles can)
- more quality types (all 5 from SG) for vehicle crew and infantry
- EW
- stealth more clearly explained (is it visual?)
- stealth made cost balanced

These are the ones that jump to mind.

DICE:

There is a D16. Gamescience? I think makes it. I got 8 (and inked them)
from BR Snasis. Excellent dice, good addition for FMAS and for SG2 for
certain weapons. Got them in purple since I colour code my dice to help
newbies understand the game and grab the right dice.

D12 + D4 is NOT as good as D16 in certain cases. One case is D12 vs D12
+ D4. Yes, you do increase your odds of not getting a 1, but you
probably don't bump up the mean as much as you do by going to D16. And
D16 opens up results where you can beat D12, unlike D12 + D4.

I'm still looking for good looking D14 and D18s. The more dice options
you have, the more options your games can take advantage of.

Prev: Re: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire