Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:08:30 +1200
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Andrew Martin wrote:
> > I'd like to see open-topped as modifier that reduces a vehicle's
cost
(perhaps by half?), and NBC sealed as a cost multiplier (perhaps times
two?).

John wrote:
> By half?  I doubt that is realistic.	You've got a pretty marginal
weight/cost saving for eliminating that portion of armor.

I'd like to be able to simulate things like half-tracks in WW2, which I
believe the Germans made open-topped to save money, which is like points
cost. As to what a suitable modifier would be, I don't know yet what it
should be.

> And NBC sealing should be assumed of any fully-armored modern combat
vehicle.

Again, I'm thinking of WW2 vehicles here, not just Modern or near
future, or
SF.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169 http://valley.150m.com/
-><-

Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)