Prev: Re: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: FMA Hockey etc. was Re: One More Oxymoron

Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 15:39:18 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

Alexander Williams wrote:

>Steal from one of the best FMA-like RPG systems out there, Jadeclaw
>(http://www.jadeclaw.com).  d12 with a bonus is d12,d4, roll both,
>take the highest.  This also, incidently, removes the top of the
>5-tier system.  Penalties could be done by dropping die levels, or
>rolling one additional time for each Penalty, and taking the lowest.

DS II already does this (kinda), with a second die.  But a second die
does
not increase your highest possible result, which a die value increase
DOES
do.  I think I like Mr. Martin's suggestion better.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire Next: Re: FMA Hockey etc. was Re: One More Oxymoron