Prev: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation Next: RE: [DS/SG] Quick survey

Re: Figure bases, Deimos, ROE

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 20:05:19 +0100
Subject: Re: Figure bases, Deimos, ROE

>Also, Roger mentioned pewter bases for GZG ships. I'm sure I asked Jon
>about these and was told only KR makes them (which seemed odd to me at
>the time). UK GZG ship buyers, does Jon have a metallic base? Or are
>they all plastic?

KR had the all-metal base designed himself for the US market; it's very
good for the bigger ships, but was not cost-effective for the smaller
ones
- in a pack of scouts or corvettes, the bases used about ten times as
much
metal as the ships!  For the UK, we use all-plastic stands for
everything
up to cruisers, but with all bigger classes we now supply a metal post
replace the plastic one, still using the plastic hexagonal base piece.
They
can also be ordered separately if you want to use them for all your
ships -
30p for complete stand (metal post + plastic hex base).

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FT detachable base construction/installation Next: RE: [DS/SG] Quick survey