Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey

Re: [FT]: Base Construction

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:12:38 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT]: Base Construction

On  3-Apr-02 at 10:04, David Reeves (davidar@nortelnetworks.com) wrote:

> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 09:05:35 -0500 (EST)
> From: Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net>
> Subject: Re: [FT]: Base Construction
>
> [snip]
>
> Just realize that even with good PDS's a small fleet with SMLs will
> eat a base up.  When we did our campaign all the bases ended up
> being fighter platforms.
> <<<<<<<<<<
>
> which doesn't seem right to me.  I would think bases could withstand
more
> punishment -- more PDS and armor.  they should be able to dish out
more
> damage as well to toast some of those SML slingers....

SMLs which hit average 12.25 damage each.  Against immobile targets
they _always_ hit.  To play the odds and get a complete kill with
a PDS you need to fire 8 PDSs at each SML.  If I'm doing a base
assault with FSE that base can expect 20-30 launchers on target.
That base needs 240 PDSs to handle that kind of force.	I'll let
someone else tell you how many points get through even at that,
my stastics aren't currently up to it.

Prev: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: Re: [DS/SG] Quick survey