Prev: RE: [FT]: Campaign Recommendation??? Next: RE: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

RE: [DS] Buildings

From: Christopher Downes-Ward <Christopher_Downes-Ward@a...>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:04:25 +0100
Subject: RE: [DS] Buildings

> This one is a complete Moon base type structure.
> With linking corridors, launch pad, hangar, hydroponics building etc.
> Sort of Space 1999 in layout.
> Probably a good hook for DS scenarios.

Now there's synchronicity for you. I was just starting work on a small
DS
scenario to be set on Mars.
Here's the outline:

Force A - Unamed so far - has a Mars base, this base is well defended
against direct orbital
assault, lots of static ADS systems but only a small ground defence
element.
The base is some
distance from other bases on the planets so they don't need one.

Force B - Unamed so far - decides that a ground assault is feasible, if
the
force size is kept
small and light on personnel to minimize life support requirements.

Force A Orbat (Skeleton)
Infantry Platoon
4 Hi-mobility wheeled APC's (HOPLITES?), 8 Infantry teams - I thought of
using Adler Federation
Marines for these.
Tank Platoon
4 Wheeled AFV's
Milita Platoon
8 Miltia Infantry teams - restricted to the base - they have no suits,
can
not fire out of the base
(What are they going to do - open the windows)
2 civilain VTOL's (Space 1999 Eagles)
Objective - keep the base intact and keep force B out.

Force B Orbat (Skeleton)
All using MMRAV vehicles
Powered Armour Platoon
4 Hi-mobility wheeled APC's, 8 Powered Infantry teams
Assault Gun Platoon x 2
4 wheeled AG's
MRL Section
2 Medium wheeled MRL's
'Air' Defence section
2 ADS vehicles
Objective - take the base from Force A intact

Mind you I have the buy the vehicles first, this may delay things a bit.
On
the other hand I'll be going to Salute
this year.

Chris D-W

the system manager.

Should you require further information please contact
us using the details below.

website: http://www.acuma.co.uk
email: postmaster@acuma.co.uk

Prev: RE: [FT]: Campaign Recommendation??? Next: RE: Was: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire