Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:13:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

> >> In Australia, we call this "Bullsh*t".
> >
> >Wow. . .in US ROEs they would be shot at when they
> >pulled the grenades.
>
> You only know it's a grenade not a stone when it goes off.

   No, you only know it's a stone when it _doesn't_ go off.
   Being hit in the face by a rock isn't fun either, so stone throwers
should be discouraged.	Letting them get away with it will encourage
them to repeat it ("ha, we got away with it, let's do it again!").
   Of course, while you're giving lessons in applied evolution, you
need to make your opponents look like fools instead of martyrs, or at
least make sure it looks like your shooting was justified.  Prudence
would suggest having a grenade (soviet issue, pin pulled, dud fuse)
handy to drop on the ground near your position, just in case someone

Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)