Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: RE: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

RE: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:47:43 +1000
Subject: RE: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

G'day,

> Bulk is one factor -- they're just too damn big for a lot of
> carnivores.  And for those that *can* take them on, all of
> the vital organs are protected by that big
> layer of flab -- it takes work to kill a Beast, and while the
> predator or predators are working on killing the chosen
> victim, the rest of the herd can shuffle off
> to Buffalo.
>
> At least, that was the assumption.  I'm also guessing that
> their skulls are pretty thick, making the heads an undesirable target

Based on Terran fauna all animals will have some form of "that doesn't
feel"
good ability and response (from bacteria up), otherwise you could end up
with a situation where every member falls victim to their inability to
feel.
Not very good in the grand scheme of continuation of the species ;)

Cheers

Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: RE: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures