Prev: RE: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire Next: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

Airburst glitter?

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 02 Apr 2002 16:53:00 -0500
Subject: Airburst glitter?

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 15:45, Ryan M Gill wrote:
> At 12:29 PM -0800 4/2/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
> >
> >1. Voluntary unhiding - unit moves or fires or takes other action.
> >Unit is immediately revealed (Should FO's be somewhat exempt from
> >this for calling arty?)
>
> Absolutely. Presumably if they've had time to hide. They've had time
> to lay fiber to remote transmitters that have LOS to repeaters or to
> satellites. Just observing and transmitting with secure comms
> shouldn't reveal a scout unit or an FO team if they've hidden first.

This got me thinking... If directional lasers are being used for comms
from an FO (bounced off of satellites, cloud cover or blitzed down a
string of LOS repeaters) would it be a viable tactic to air-burst some
kind of refractive glitter or fog to reveal the positions of the
repeater-chain or even the FOs to a scanning satellite or high-altitude
flyer?	Is this already covered in the rules or would something have to
be developed for it if you wanted it as a valid tactic/countertactic in
your game?

(Guess who hasn't bought to rules yet, but really wants to...)
(Also guess who's slightly poor for all the hobbies he has.)

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught