Prev: Re: Re: [Paint] Magic Wash ink Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:37:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

Brian Bilderback wrote:

> OK, I think I've come up with some House Rules I like, anyone else
want to
> give them consideration?
>
> First of all, I want to make it a little harder in general to ID
hidden
> units.  Just establishing LOS seems too easy.  After all, the
observation
> drones have LOS to them already.  But I'm going with the assumption
that
> hidden units are in some sort of obscuring terrain, and that the best
one
> can do without removing the obscuring terrain is estsablish LOS to
their
> LOCATION, not the unit/element itself. But non-optical sensors SHOULD
give
> help in ID'ing.  Thus, with the HR's, there are 4 ways to "unhide" a
hidden
> unit:

[...]

Brian,

I am currently developing a DSII scenario in which this set of
houserules
would fit perfectly. I doubt I'll have much of an opportunity this week
to test them out, but maybe next week I can give them a dry run for you.

Prev: Re: Re: [Paint] Magic Wash ink Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire