Prev: RE: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants Next: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

Re: DSII: Parts for kit-bashing

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 09:26:30 -0800
Subject: Re: DSII: Parts for kit-bashing

Robin Paul wrote:

>How about the little box-scale Revell precoloured aircraft kits? *SNIP*
most are a little large for 6mm unless
>representing larger machines.

Aye, there's the rub. :-/

>Also: Revell 1/1200 warships- very cheap, lots of bits.

Opposite end of the spectrum - too small.  Either Revell or Tamiya,
IIRC,
made some kits of 1/350th USN aircraft for use with larger carrier
models.
I used to have some, wish I still did.

>Also: "Collectair" (Scotia Micromodels aircraft range) 1/300
accessories
>http://website.lineone.net/~grendel.co/collectairaccessories.html

This one's VERY promising, thanks.

>Also: Academy Hobby Model Kits "Sky Giants" range includes a 1/260 B-1,
>1/320 B-52 and a 1/300 XB-70, all cheap so there's no angst at chopping
>them.

Sounds very nice, know where they can be ordered?  My local hobby store
doesn't carry it.

3B^2

Prev: RE: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants Next: Military Police - uniforms, etc.