Prev: Re: Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps Next: RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants

Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 08:56:51 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Robin Paul wrote:

>Steal the WRG WW2 or Modern acquisition rules?

WRG?   Not familiar with it - remember, my wargaming exposure's pretty
limited (ASL long ago, Battletech & GZG more recently), I'm a converted
RPG'er.

>There's also a freeware set of coastal warfare rules called "Hunters on
the
>Shoreline"

Sounds fun, where can I get them?

with a simpler version:
>(paraphrase follows)

*SNIP*

>Inside this distance, a size-specific die is rolled for each target,
d4, d6
>etc. - a scorer of 4 or less is spotted.

Sounds easy to wedge into a FMA system.

>You could modify this so that e.g. in the table above, "small target"
>becomes perhaps "Infantry", medium target becomes "Vehicles up to size
2"
>etc.

I'm thinking along the same lines, but want to base the rolls not just
on
range, but also FIrecon quality & overall signature.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps Next: RE: [sg] Scenario with alien plants