Prev: Re: [DSII] hover bikes Next: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:19:03 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Bilderback <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 4:03 PM

> >From: Beth.Fulton@csiro.au
>
> >G'day,
> >
> > > 1. Can someone refresh my memory as to how hidden units get
> > > revealed in DSII?
> >
> >When owning player reveals them or opponent gets clear line-of-sight
on
> >them.
>
> That's what I thought I recalled.  I was considering HR modifications
> make it a little harder to uncover them than JUST LOS.  Suggestions?
>
> 3B^2
>
> PS
> Thanks Beth!

Steal the WRG WW2 or Modern acquisition rules?

There's also a freeware set of coastal warfare rules called "Hunters on
the
Shoreline" with a simpler version:
(paraphrase follows)

						 Max. spotting range
Die roll	   small target    med. target	large target
1			  150m		 300m	      600m
2			  200m		 400m	      800m
3			  250m		 500m	     1000m
4			  300m		 600m	     1200m
5			  350m		 700m	     1400m
6			  400m		 800m	     1600m

Inside this distance, a size-specific die is rolled for each target, d4,
d6
etc. - a scorer of 4 or less is spotted.

You could modify this so that e.g. in the table above, "small target"
becomes perhaps "Infantry", medium target becomes "Vehicles up to size
2"
etc.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: [DSII] hover bikes Next: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures