Prev: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants Next: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 11:05:55 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:27:05 -0500, "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote :
>  > > And how can I deal with a *different*
> > > source of gunfire when the Beasts are
> > > already charging?
>
> Have them go for the closest.  You may want to think about whether
> these jabberwocks will recognize machinegun fire as rifle shots--IIRC
> the WW2 German MG42 fired fast enough that it sounded more like
> ripping cloth instead of distinct shots.

Um.  Good point.  I would think that small arms fire would sound close
enough to what they're used to, but I don't hear a lot of small arms
fire these days.
Every once in a while, when I'm working late, but not on a regular basis
-- thankfully.

> I can also see plasma bolt hitting a rifle tree--*boom*! and seeds fly
> in all directions.  You might call it the equivalent of an
> antipersonnel bomb going off.

I hadn't thought of them as quite that explosive -- more sound and fury
than actual force.  How do the real plants that use this mechanism
function?

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [sg] Scenario with alien plants Next: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)