Prev: Re: Reading Request - military SF novel recommendation Next: Re: [OT] Oz Headgear

Re: Reading Request.

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 10:19:16 +0100
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

>Sounds like Mrs Peel

I tried reading a Clancy Novel once. After three pages debvoted to the
loving description of the design of a spark plug I gave up. I picked up
Clancy future war set of short stories in Jamiaca (not on sale in
Britain).
They claimed to show future war. China attacks the USA - how you ask, by

exploiting its massive infantry advantage in a battle in natural
infantry
terrain. Nope - by building ultra high tech space warfare devices which
are
countered by a battle station designed by an individual using "off the
shelf systems". yep, get your anti-ballistic missile laser systems from
Tandy. To be fair it was a good fun SF story but the premise as a real
scenario - hmm...
John

>Clancy and Heinlein write exactly the same sort of female characters,
have
>you noticed? (Strawperson, surely?) The type can broadly be defined as
>"overachieving until hubby comes home"...
>
>Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
>- http://wind.prohosting.com/~warbard/games.html -

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: Reading Request - military SF novel recommendation Next: Re: [OT] Oz Headgear