Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.

Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:27:05 -0500
Subject: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures

> > As a result, gunfire isn't going to do much to discourage
> > them.  It's doubtful that they will even notice at first.
>
> Assuming you don't hit those tiny heads.

Or if the heads don't contain anything vital.  If you have
high-velocity seeds popping out, it might be prudent for these
critters to keep eyes, brains etc somewhere not too close by their
mouth.

 > > And how can I deal with a *different*
> > source of gunfire when the Beasts are
> > already charging?

Have them go for the closest.  You may want to think about whether
these jabberwocks will recognize machinegun fire as rifle shots--IIRC
the WW2 German MG42 fired fast enough that it sounded more like
ripping cloth instead of distinct shots.

I can also see plasma bolt hitting a rifle tree--*boom*! and seeds fly
in all directions.  You might call it the equivalent of an
antipersonnel bomb going off.

Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.