Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: RE: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

Re: [DSII] Infantry Mortars

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 00:36:21 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Infantry Mortars

On 31-Mar-02 at 08:46, Brian Quirt (baqrt@mta.ca) wrote:
> On Sunday, March 31, 2002, at 05:08 , Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
> > Tony Christney wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> A GEV vehicle shouldn't need to be amphibious as well.
> >
> > Oh yes it should. It is quite easy to build a GEV which is too heavy

> > relative to its footprint size to move over a water surface.
>
>      Not to mention that, if it takes a mobility hit over the water,
> amphibious might allow it to ground safely and float instead of
> sinking....

That was my biggest reason for making it amphibious.

Also, the reason I gave so much armour is I was making it as
a variant of my MICV.  Reduce troops, rip out the DFFG, and
use the space savings for artillery.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: RE: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps