Prev: [DSII] Infantry Mortars Next: Re: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

RE: [DSII] Infantry Mortars

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 09:57:51 -0500
Subject: RE: [DSII] Infantry Mortars

>70 pts (20 pts infantry + 50 pts light artillery)
+cost of ammo.
>Moves as infantry, may spot for itself.  May _not_
fire suppression missions as they don't carry that
much ammo.

I'd put the mortar team in an APC and let it carry extra ammo.	If
they're not motorized or mechanized, then they're probably encumbered at
best.  A light 60mm mortar has barrel, baseplate and bipod (each piece
about 15lb), and each round weighs about 3-4 pounds depending on what's
in it.

>Does this sound good or am I way out in left field?

<grin> these are not mutually exclusive

Prev: [DSII] Infantry Mortars Next: Re: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?