Prev: Re: [SG] The OU's real troops! :> Next: Re: [SG] The OU's real troops! :>

Re: Reading Request.

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@g...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:28:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

Warren Shultzaberger wrote:

> As I've said, I'm a big time Honor Harrington fan.
>
> I've also read Insurrection, Crusade, In Death Ground, and plan on
> getting The Shiva Option When it comes out on paperback (I hate when
the
> 1st books of the series are in paperback, the publisher sees how well
> they sale, and decides to publish one in hardback. I like my series to
> match - either all paperback or all hardback)
>
> I read - Hammer's Slammers, Starfist, and The Bolo books.
>
> Could anyone recommend some similar space battle or Sci-Fi war books?
>
> Warren Shultzaberger
>     "A committee is a life form with six or more legs and no brain."
>
> PS - I also have Starship Troopers - the book that started all this
for
> me.

Any of the "There Will Be War" series is just chock-full of mil SF
goodies.

At the risk of getting flayed, I've been rather pleased with Dan
Abnett's
"Gaunt's Ghosts" series from GW, which follow an imperial guard regiment
through
  a variety of theaters.  The third one in particular is pretty neat
sci-fi take
on Stalingrad.	 Mind you if you simply can't stand the WH40K setting,
these are
not the books for you, but in all fairness, a lot of the uber-silly
stuff from
40K is absent from these.

--

Prev: Re: [SG] The OU's real troops! :> Next: Re: [SG] The OU's real troops! :>