Prev: Re: DS2 Vehicle Generator Next: Re: [OT]Second-Hand Canuck Gear

Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:15:51 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

> How many mortars would you recommend?

What *I* did was 3 mortars per infantry company, then a separate
artillery company with 6 medium mortars, 3 heavy mortars, and 3 MLRS.
I'm told that's a little more arty than is really needed for a
mechanized battalion, but I like arty.

> I'm assuming 1 mortar team
> replaces an infantry fireteam?

No.  Infanry company = 3 infantry platoons plus a HQ squad plus a
heavy weapons platoon.	The Weapons platoon has the antitank and
mortar teams.

I'll get a detailed TO up on my site sometime soon.

Prev: Re: DS2 Vehicle Generator Next: Re: [OT]Second-Hand Canuck Gear