Prev: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft Next: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 18:20:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Laserlight wrote:

> > I believe there's one in Friday by Heinlein as well (though that is
> by no
> > means an endorsement of the book).	I could have misread it though.
>
> There is at least one--Nairobi IIRC.

I'm pretty sure it's Nairobi; the scene occurs right at the beginning of
the book. 'Friday' suffers from a totally goofy ending and the usual
Heinlein-esque oddities, but it's the closest he ever got to cyberpunk,
and a lot more dystopian than most of his stuff. With the caveats I've
mentioned, a very good book.

Lots of FMAS or SG2 inspiration in it, actually. Our heroine is a
martial-arts/weapons expert spy/spec ops type; and there's a couple of
fights & assaults mentioned in enough detail to provide scenario fodder.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -

Prev: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft Next: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft