Prev: Re: RE:Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.

Re: Reading Request.

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:51:41 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:15:19 -0600 (CST) DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

[Snip lotsa good books]
> THE MERCENARY (braindeath again! by POURNELLE i think)

Yep. There's also a companion story/prequel, "West of Honour". The two
books were combined into an omnibus in this country, entitled "Future
History" -- now, there's _real_ brain-death for you, Dawg; couldn't
they have come up with a better title than _that?_

Of course, if you like the Pournelle stories, The Mote in God's Eye,
The Gripping Hand (alias The Moat Around Murcheson's Eye) and King
David's Spaceship (possibly alias A Spaceship for the King) are worth a
read -- the latter for some good "ancients"-style ground combat! And
there's a series of books by other authors that takes Falkenburg's
Mercenary Legion even further on in time, but I haven't read them.

Phil
----
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
  -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe

Prev: Re: RE:Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.