Prev: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing,

RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:42:13 -0800
Subject: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

Noel Weer wrote:

>I tried the GMS route initially, but quickly found what you point out
that
>well placed ADS is a compounding problem.

One option I've considered is using a vehicle (VTOL or ground) with
large
#'s of GMS to take out ZADS vehicles, since few people I know load a PDS
on
top of a ZADS on the same vehicle (Myself excluded), and you can
overwhelm
an ADS.  But that requires a special "ADS Killer" and that gets into a
loop
too.

>The most interesting luck we have had with air assets so far as been
with
>good old fashion DFO. It almost just another arty strike, which is
never a
>bad thing, and you do not have the observer issues to deal with. You do
>trade this for ADS and LAD risks, plus it is of "limited duration" as
you
>pointed out, but it can keep you opponent guessing. Plus, the image of
>nice drop of napalm (or its GZG equivalent) spraying out over the
battle
>field and your opponent is a good pick me up.

I was thinking of SLAM's, has anyone tried that?

3B^2

Prev: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing,