Prev: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:40:47 +0000
Subject: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG)

>Jon T. wrote:
>
>>Mary and Dean run an "adopt-a-pig" scheme to cover the costs of
keeping the
>>porkers on the Open Farm; I have a one-sixth share in Gilly, a lively
>>little piglet named after the Perky Goth in Dork Tower......
>
>You're going to *eat* Gilly?
>
>Er... does John K. know about this...?

No, they're very, very much NOT for eating..... they are all "pet pigs",
kept on an open farm that takes paying visitors (a farm zoo,
effectively).
It all started with Mary and Dean "rescuing" some pigs that were being
disposed of by (IIRC) an agricultural college, and they found homes for
them on the open farm. Since then, pigs being pigs, several litters of
piglets have followed, hence the adopt-a-pig scheme to help pay for the
keep of the growing sty-full.......  ;-)

Jon (GZG)

PS: I think the Dork Tower mailing list has been informed of Gilly's
existence, and had the URL posted....