Prev: Re: (SG II) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: Re: We Were Soldiers

Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:09:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

--- Roger Books <books@jumpspace.net> wrote:
> I was just reading "Major" by Rick Shelley and came
> upon a
> section where he talks about "combat sleep."	You
> dream and
> go through normal phases of sleep but are still
> catalogueing
> what is going on around you.	Is this true?

I don't know about "combat sleep" but I do this on
field problems.  It's pretty common.  Once you're in
for a little while, you develop the ability to sleep
standing up, walking around with your eyes open,
sitting on a metal bench next to a diesel engine, or
whatever is necessary.

John

Prev: Re: (SG II) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: Re: We Were Soldiers