Prev: Re: Figures Next: Re: Figures

Re: DS: Figures

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:14:36 -0800
Subject: Re: DS: Figures

By the way, I got the Reaper Hedgehog APC's in.  Here's my run-down:

One more cautionary tale to ordering from New Wave.  I placed the order
with
different billing and shipping addresses.  After they confirmed my
order, I
received an e-mail informing me my order had been filled and would be
shipped, but the address they gave was my BILLING address.  I sent a
reply
explaining to them I needed it to go to the SHIPPING address, NOT the
billing address (Let's just say this was a "Black Budget" procurement),
and
got a response reassuring me they would change it before they shipped.
Yesterday, my new figures arrived AT MY BILLING ADDRESS.  Luckily, the
wif...er... Cascadian Congressional Oversight Committee.....  didn't get
the
mail yesterday.  Also, the online ordering site doesn't ention how many
come
in a package.  This actually turned into a pleasant surprise, since I
paid
for and ordered 2, only to find that means 2 packages of 2 each.

As for the figs themselves:

Not bad.  A minimum of flash, though the detail is only good quality,
not
excellent.  The minis are around 50mm in length, Double side doors on
each
side.  The landing gear/lifting thrusters are combined in 4 verticle
posts
set in a square around the outside of the hull/fuselage.  Interestingly
enough, the way the 4 posts set, and the shape of the hull, allows you
stack the figures right on top of each other, almost like spoons or
forks in
a drawer.  A little smaller than I expected, they'll still make great
infantry lander.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Figures Next: Re: Figures