Prev: Re: USNavy Rank versus Rate Next: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:57:57 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

>From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@webone.com.au>

> > Starbuck's is McCoffee
>
>Well put.

Thank you.  Things like Coffee, whiskey, food, etc., should be
distinctive
to each region, and to each maker of it.  Starbuck's isn't BAD, per se,
it's
just bland and uniform, which IMNSHO is worse than bad.

> > >Say two
> > >heaped-to-the-limit
> > >teaspoons of Nescafe to a standard cup, 5 grains of salt, no
stronger.

> > Ugh.  That barely qualifies as tea.
>
>?? Not strong enough or what?

Not hardly.  Plus I have bigger issues with instant than with Starbucks.
can only think of 1 good use for instant coffee for my self, as a
topping
for ice cream.

> > Or as potable.
>
>In Holland, they then add "Karnemelk" - Buttermilk - to it.

Ok, that's going from bad to worse.  My mom LOVES buttermilk, I hate it,
but
it is a great baking ingredient.

>It's "gritty" the way Cadbury's chocolate is "gritty", compared with
the
>hideous slither-down-the-throat textureless sweetness of Hershey's.
>
>"Gritty" like talc, not like sand.

Well put.

> > My wife prefers English Breakfast, I'm a Darjeeling fan myself.
>
>Indicating that you both have good taste. (Of course a REAL afficionado
>would have me telling why I prefer Fortnum & Mason's Earl Grey blend to
>Twining's, whiole preferring Twinings for nearly everything else, but
>that's
>a digression)

We're Americans.  Be glad we've come THIS far.	;-)

3B^2

Prev: Re: USNavy Rank versus Rate Next: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks