Prev: RE: Scouts..... Next: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases

From: Katie Lauren Lucas <katie@f...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:01:36 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases

Quoting Roger Burton West <roger@firedrake.org>:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 11:38:24AM +1000, Alan E Brain wrote:
> >They ran into the hasty minefield I'd laid and stopped dead,
> >waiting for the engineers. Bad Move.
>
> This is what minefields are _for_, isn't it? Not to kill the enemy,
> but
> to slow them down and maybe get them to go a different way.
>
> It's surprising to me how many wargamers treat them as a
> killing-weapon
> rather than as a channelling-weapon.

Because altogether far too many "armies" in modern warfare have
scattered them
about farmland like grass seed under the apparent impression that
killing
civilians counts as progress towards winning a war...

_______
      Katie Lauren Lucas, Consultant Software Engineer, Parasol
Solutions

Prev: RE: Scouts..... Next: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks