Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: Richard and Emily Bell <rlbell@s...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:32:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Flak Magnet wrote:

> Yes, Iron Giant is an EXCELLENT movie.  It contains of of the few
> characters worthy of the word "Hero" in today's contemporary movies...
> It still hits me as really, really cool when the Giant closes his eyes
> and thinks "Superman"...
>
> Joe from Mighty Joe Young fits the bill of a real hero too...
>
> On Wed, 2002-03-20 at 12:39, Brian Bilderback wrote:
> > >From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>
> >
> > >Or, seeing
> > >the rifled muskets in a display case, he points to them and cries,
"I want
> > >Hogarth!" (This only really makes sense if you've seen the movie
"Iron
> > >Giant",
> > >but the kid's blunderbuss shaped air gun has his name on it, and
the kid's
> > >name is Hogarth.)
> >
> > One of the most underrated animated movies of all times.  I
absolutely loved
> > it (although the scene with a 12-year-old on espresso is
FRIGHTENING).

> > 3B^2

Iron Giant, the story that Ted hughes (?) wrote to console his children
after
their mother, Sylvia Platt, killed herself.  Among other things, sad
events
involving depressed authors inspired a one-off t-shirt that a friend of
mine
wears, occassionally.  On the front and back are tasteless caricatures,
with the
following captions: "Gun safety with Ernest" and "Cooking with Sylvia".
Hopefully
the images stirred up by the captions are at least as funny as the
drawings, as I

Prev: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR