Prev: RE: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: RE: Scouts.....

Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)

From: David Brewer <davidbrewer@b...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:14:39 -0800
Subject: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)

<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote :

> > >Oh, good lord.  That stuff scares me...give me some Tullamore Dew,
and I'm a
> > >happy man.  On the other hand, it should produce some
well-motivated troops who
> > >feel no fear.
> >
> > Hmmmmm..... Scares a whiskey drinker, huh?	I'll have to look into
this...
> > retsina.....    although my favorites will still have a tendency
towards
> > names beginnig in 'glen'.	;-)
>
> I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but my lord!  That stuff is *smooth*.

I don't understand this at all. Retsina is a Greek wine, oddly
flavoured with pine resin (thus the name), not a spirit. Top Greek
Brandy is called Metaxa and rated 3-, 5- and 7-star for
smoothness.

Another famed Greek spirit is "ouzo", flavoured with aniseed,
which helpfully turns cloudy when adulterated with water.

--

Prev: RE: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: RE: Scouts.....