Prev: Force sizes Next: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)

satchel charges

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:21:13 -0500
Subject: satchel charges

Oerjan said (undoubtedly right):
Er... no. The Merkavas were destroyed by command-detonated charges
consisting of fifty-some kilograms of high explosives dug into the road.

A 50kg charge dug into the road is not a "satchel charge"..

[Tomb] Sorry, that was what I got from the two news items I saw on it on
TV.
Hadn't realized this was an emplaced charge. So perhaps 1d12* is
appropriate impact for a 15kg
satchel charge. OTOH, a true suicide bomber wrapped in 40kg of HE
willing to dive under the tank
or to climb on it then go boom, that might merit larger impact.

My apologies for any confusion (which seems to be what I was... confused

Prev: Force sizes Next: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)