Prev: RE: OT Kids was: RE: Librarians Next: RE: OT Kids was: RE: Librarians

Scouting

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 16:02:02 -0500
Subject: Scouting

Nortel the mighty said:
it's an interesting study in tactics and people when hidden deployment
is used.  I've noted how everyone (inclduing myself) gets a lots more
cautious when you lack that God-eye view.  the boogie man seems to jump
out of every bit of cover, corner or structure.  it's especially
interesting to see the attacker's angst of pushing his force closer to
make his scenario deadline, but cringing at potential ambush points.

[Tomb] It makes a huge difference. What is interesting too is the
response is differentiated by player quality.
Why? If you can't see a good player, you can still probably look at the
game from his end, see his likely objectives and what he probably knows
about you, and make some (usually decent) assumptions about placement of
his troops (where fields of fire will be good, where they'll be
protected, where they can mutually support, etc). Unknowing play against
a gamer of questionable tactical ability means any of his formations
could be ANYWHERE. Sense might not even enter into it. Here we have the
professional cursing "Amateurs!".

I love double blind, but it is hard to do without absolute trust

Prev: RE: OT Kids was: RE: Librarians Next: RE: OT Kids was: RE: Librarians