Prev: Re: [OT] We Were Soldiers Next: Re:

Re:

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:00:18 +0000
Subject: Re:

>Poul Anderson also used an FTL drive that converted a ship into an
>'arificial tachyon' for his Star Trader stories back in the 70s (60s?)

J.

>I do remember being horribly disappointed in high school because I had
>just read a science article by Asimov talking about Tachyons and I
decided
>that I was going to use that as the mechanic for FTL in my science
fiction
>universe, and then a little bit later I read through FASA's Interceptor
>and saw that they were already using it.  I had thought that I was
going
>to be SO original.
>
>Randy Wolfmeyer
>Dept. of Physics
>Washington University

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: Re: [OT] We Were Soldiers Next: Re: