Prev: Re: Carter Island Award (for the original) Next: DS: Grav, VTOL's, and Fighters

Re: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:18:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements

--- Michael Brown <mwbrown@sonic.net> wrote:

> etc) With 1 Engineer or
> Artillery unit of the next size smaller to each unit
> in the mix (3-5 Companies
> gets you 1 Engineer platoon and 1 Artillery platoon
> (6 tubes/guns)).

Old School:  We now have a full brigade of engineers
in the heavy divisions which works out to 1 company
per Batallion Task Force.  And artillery call 'em
batteries and put captains in command even if they are
platoon-sized.

John

Prev: Re: Carter Island Award (for the original) Next: DS: Grav, VTOL's, and Fighters